Home care physiotherapy is for those who have difficulty leaving their home due to mobility issues and require physiotherapy services. It allows for a registered Physiotherapist to visit your home to help you recover from surgery, increase your mobility, or better adapt your home environment. The visit will include a thorough assessment and treatment plan. Our registered Physiotherapists service Whitby, Brooklin and Oshawa/Courtice.
Who uses Home Care Physiotherapy?
- Seniors with mobility issues and/or restrictions.
- Those who suffer from neurological injuries such as MS, strokes etc.
- Post hip or knee replacement and having mobility difficulties.
- Home safety and equipment recommendations based on your assessment and needs, our therapist may recommend assistive devices or items such as walking mobility aids, bed rails, orthotics, braces etc.
- Safe transfer training for you and your family to assist with any mobility issues in your home and preventing other injuries from happening.
- Home exercise programs to help you increase your range of movement, function and facilitate independence.
Do Insurance plans cover Home Care Physiotherapy?
Most insurance plans cover home care physiotherapy however, some plans require a doctor’s prescription or will only cover a portion of this service. We can help you find out what your extended health benefits will cover. At JointAction Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre we provide Direct Billing to most insurance companies. Please visit our Direct Billing page for more information.